RL Picks: A Luxurious Living Room
Bank on authentic Afghan rugs and pillows to complete the look of your space
What if you suddenly received a bonus from work and you can spend your money on home furnishings as you please? Creating a space similar to a hotel lobby may not be possible for now but you can opt for a decadent vignette with authentic Afghan patterned rug and throw that give off an unmistakable Old World elegance.
Keep it from looking too themed by adding a chair and floor lamp with sleek, modern silhouettes. If you still prefer a simple look for your home, you can always create a beautiful living room within budget.
Picks and Styling by Gwyn GS Guanzon. Additional Picks by Dagny Madamba. Photographed by Ocs Alvarez/ACME Visual Productions.
Read the original article (“The Living Room Face-Off”) in the May 2012 2012 issue of Real Living Magazine. Download your digital copy of Real Living on the Real Living App now! Log on to summitnewsstand.com.ph/real-living for more details.
Maintain the old-young balance. Take your cue from the tufted ottoman in delicate powder blue. The style is formal, yet the color is fresh and young.
Choose tabletop accents in the same style and color, but in different heights to create an understated look.
- Tripod Chrome Floor Lamp, P22,000, KISH
- Devoun Ottoman, P10,900, Restoration
- Afghan Rug, P60,000, Waya Araos-Wijangco
- Lamps, P4,900/set, Sifra Interiors and Objects
- Hurricane Lamp, P3,900, Sifra Interiors and Objects
- Mirror Jewelry Box, P3,900, Sifra Interiors and Objects
- Patterned Throw Pillows, P1,900 each, KISH
- Maton, P6,850.44, stylist's own
- Citron Accent Chair, P27,500, Space Encounters
- Amore Creme Curtains, P2,299.75/panel, ARC Curtains
- Bruschetta Latte Curtains, P1,299.75/panel, ARC Curtains
*Prices are subject to change. Visit the nearest store to inquire. Click here for a list of stores and suppliers.