RL Picks: A Beautiful Living Room within Budget
Create a beautifully decorated home with a traditional style and good-quality furniture
Given the numerous bills and mortgage fees that we need to consider, we sometimes take decorating for granted. To help you start the year on a right note, we've got a couple of handy hints and product picks to help you spruce up your living space.
Be inspired by the traditional style and choose good-quality, neutral furniture pieces that will last you through several decor phases. If you have budget to spare, add affordable but classy-looking accents that you can upgrade.
Picks and Styling by Gwyn GS Guanzon. Additional Picks by Dagny Madamba. Photographed by Ocs Alvarez/ACME Visual Productions.
Read the original article (“The Living Room Face-Off”) in the May 2012 2012 issue of Real Living Magazine. Download your digital copy of Real Living on the Real Living App now! Log on to summitnewsstand.com.ph/real-living for more details.
Choose fabrics and soft furnishings in sophisticated colors like chocolate, olive green, mustard, and other neutrals to disguise their budget prices.
Clean, classic lines and lovely details like glass accents and paisley prints help belie the pieces' less-than-grand origins.
- Floor Lamp, P6,148, find similar at Crossings Department Store
- Olivier Ottoman, P2,899.75, Crossings Department Store
- White Birdcages, P589.75 each, Crossings Department Store
- Rug, price unavailable, Waya Araos-Wijangco
- Throw Pillow Covers (khaki and stripes), P69.75, Homeworld
- Throw, P150/yard, Fabric Warehouse
- Mirrored Jewelry Boxes, P369.80 (square), P449.75 (round), Crossings Department Store
- Calico Accent Chair, P7,598, Crossings Department Store
- Green Throw Pillow Cover, P70, The Landmark (Background)
- Mercali Bronze Curtains, P899.75/panel, Arc Curtains
- Doncaster Nero Sheer Curtains, P1,499.75/panel, Arc Curtains
*Prices are subject to change. Visit the nearest store to inquire. Click here for a list of stores and suppliers.