Kim Chiu’s Blue and White Christmas Tree Looks Gorgeous
This sophisticated combination is perfect for the merry season
How do you plan your Christmas decorations? Many homeowners take decorating to the next level by coming up with different themes every year. Some experiment with metallic combos, a few stick to classic ornaments, and there are those who prefer quirky accessories. If you’ve read our previous roundup of stunning celebrity Christmas trees, you’ll notice that blue is a color that stars have chosen to work with this year. Aside from being a calming color, blue can easily be paired with sparkling décor pieces, too.
From her pink and gold theme last year, actress Kim Chiu chose to work on a blue and white Christmas this 2017. After three nights of painstakingly sprucing up her tree, she happily shared a photo of the finished product.
With hints of silver and varying shades of blue, it perfectly matches the chill in the air we often associate with the season. Completing the look are cute polar bear statues placed by the corner. If you want to achieve a similar look just in time for Noche Buena, here are picks and tips to guide you:
1. Prep your Christmas balls and ornaments. Instead of sticking to one shade of blue, bring in different shades—from dark and light, to metallic and matte; the variation will make your tree more fun and interesting.
Hints of silver can make your tree sparkle and shine. If you're looking for options, Robinsons Home Living has tons of options you can choose from. Mix and match Christmas balls in different shapes and throw in balls with varying patterns.
2. Avoid tangled wires by using the lights as your base. Just like Kim, you can add this first before layering your ornaments.
While you can use assorted lights, you may want to stick with white lights to further highlight your chosen accessories. Find quality Christmas lights at SM Home.
3. Make your tree exter wonderful by adding silver and white poinsettia.
Snowy ornaments and faux snowflakes can make it look cooler, too.
4. Consider grouping your balls into three before adding them to your tree. This hack can make your setup look more balanced.
5. For a cohesive look, make sure you decorate your walls and garlands with similar ornaments. If you're working on a certain theme, don't forget to add tabletop decor, figurines, and accent pieces in the different areas of the home.
RL Tip: Doing last-minute Christmas shopping? Schedule an early morning visit to Dapitan Tiangge.
More on Realliving.com.ph