7 Compact Dining Room Ideas You Can Try
Host casual get-togethers and entertain friends in a charming dining nook
It’s safe to say that those who live in small spaces are worried about inviting friends over for quick parties. While the living area can serve as an extension of the dining area, nothing beats having everyone around the table, exchanging stories and enjoying good food. If you’ve always wanted to improve your home, we’ve got photos and ideas that will surely inspire you. Here are pretty dining spaces found in the homes we’ve featured to give you a dose of inspiration:
1. Many have chosen to incorporate a bench as seating piece in the dining area to be able to accommodate more guests. Consider going for a built-in bench with a hidden storage compartment to make it extra functional. Complete the look with a table and chairs with sleek legs for a modern appeal.
2. If you want to create an impact even in a small space, work on your walls. A refreshing indoor garden feel can captivate guests in an instant. Look into the possibility of having an indoor vertical garden where you can showcase air plants, succulents, air purifying green wonders, and even herbs. Once done, your garden can double as an accent wall.
3. Transforming pieces are common fixtures in a small space. In this bachelor pad, the dining table can be pulled out under the countertop. By simply adding stools, the owner and his guests can have a feast.
4. We often see the kitchen and dining areas sharing space in a condo unit or small apartment. Opt for a slim table and barstools to create a dining nook. Since the kitchen can be accessed easily, prepping and serving meals can be easier.
5. An extendable dining table may also come in handy if you're low on space. You can simply extend the space when you have friends over. When it comes to seating pieces, opt for stackable ones so you can easily keep and organize it when not in use. Adding a full-height mirror can create an illusion of a bigger space as well.
6. A cabinet that turns into a table? It's possible! In this unit, the foldable dining table is part of the cabinet holding the TV. Once it's pulled out and propped up, it can seat around three people comfortably. If you're into incorporating space-saving furniture pieces into your space, you may want to visit small space-friendly furniture stores or have it customized by a skilled carpenter.
7. While this option may not be ideal if you love entertaining, it's a good idea if you often have quick meals at home. A foldable dinette and two barstools can accommodate two people and when it's not in use, it can open up the space to achieve an airy, spacious look.
More on Realliving.com.ph