Washing Machine Maintenance
Take care of your prized piece with the help of these tips
Just like any other appliance at home, your washing machine needs regular maintenance to keep it in tip-top shape. Regularly cleaning your machine is important so you can maintain its quality. Let these tips guide you.
- Avoid stains on the electronic panels by adding a towel on top of the machine.
- Once a week, wipe the outer part of the machine using a damp cloth mixed with dishwashing liquid to remove debris and soap residue.
- Make sure you clean the inner parts of your machine by making a homemade solution. Simply mix 3/4 cup of bleach and 1 tablespoon of powdered laundry detergent. Pour the solution carefully to the soak cycle then rinse it out with water.
Photo by Paolo Feliciano.
- Consider adding a removable lint filter to catch the accumulated dirt from the clothes. This will also help you maintain the inner parts of the machine.
- Avoid loading the machine with too much laundry. This might affect the machine’s motor and cause it to break down. Make sure you follow the recommended load as specified in the manual.
- Inspect the hoses and valves to ensure that it doesn’t get bent or broken. Damaged hoses usually cause washing machine leaks.
- Read your washing machine’s manual before using it. Take note of do's and don'ts as well as if there's a recommended cleaning material for it. If your machine is made from synthetic enamel, then you can use bleach to clean it.
More on Realliving.com.ph