5 New Home Appliances That Will Change Your Life
A ref that you can talk to, a washing machine that allows several loads at once, and a wind-free AC—this is the home of the future!
An enormous flat-screen TV, a cabinet that dispensed cooked meals at the push of a button, a robot that picked up after the kids’ mess—these were the novelty home gadgets of the popular US cartoon TV series The Jetsons. Even though the series aired back in the early 1960s and was considered merely as a bit of crazy sci-fi comedy for kids, the show was actually quite prescient and predicted many of our modern-day technological wonders—except maybe WiFi.
Now that connected technology is but an everyday thing for us these days, home appliance brands are vying to make their products more innovative every year. This February 16, at the Southeast Asia and Oceania Forum, Samsung launched several new products with amazing technological innovations that will definitely change your home and lifestyle. Here are five of them:
1. A refrigerator that you can talk to. The Family Hub refrigerator 2.0 was one of the biggest hits at the Samsung Forum. It has a 21.5-nch LED touch screen on one of its doors, with an interactive digital bulletin board that each member of the family can access directly or through their smartphone. Here, you can post reminders and memos (no more messy magnets and post-its!), access calendars, and even share photos. On our wishlist: a future Family Hub could also babysit the kids!
Other amazing things it can do: recognize your voice and respond to your commands (ask it to stream some music), look for recipes, and even help you do your online grocery shopping, right after you check the ref and find out you’ve run out of hotdogs. Watch some demos here:
2. A simple-to-operate, all-in-one washing machine. We’ve all been there—we do several, backbreaking loads of laundry, separating the light washes, heavy washes, and delicate washes. Samsung has come up with a versatile FlexWash washer and dryer. It boasts both a front-loader and top-loader (for washing delicate items) that you can wash heavier loads in like blankets and duvets, all at the same time without each load ruining the other. You could also safely throw in forgotten items into the front loader, even while you’re already running a wash. See how it works in this video:
3. A robot vacuum that “sees” and gets into all the tight corners. There are a lot of robot vacuums on the market, but Samsung’s POWERbot is different from all others. This one is equipped with several intelligent features, such as Visionary Mapping, plus a FullView Sensor that remembers the contours of the room it’s cleaning. Its Edge Clean Master goes into tight corners and picks every single crumb up, and its Self-cleaning Brush gets all the dirt off itself in the end. See how an earlier version of the POWERbot cleans up here:
4. An air conditioner that cools but is wind-free. If you turn on the AC in your bedroom and then wake up in the middle night shivering, that’s probably because of the wind chill factor of your air-con. Samsung’s new Wind-free Air Conditioner instead cools in two steps: first, it has a fast-cooling mode that turbo-cools the air. Then, when the target temperature is reached, it switches to Wind-Free cooling mode to maintain the desired climate. The system is so quiet, you can’t even hear it hum.
5. The clearest and purest of TVs. LED TVs are a dime a dozen these days, but the new QLED TV puts everything else to shame. Samsung’s QLED reproduces 100 percent color volume, meaning it can express all colors at any level of brightness with even the subtlest of differences visible. The result is a breathtakingly lifelike picture that you can almost reach out and touch.
Samsung products are available at leading appliance stores nationwide, or click here.
More on Realliving.com.ph