6 Important Tips To Remember When Shopping in Divisoria
Make your trip easy, safe and hassle-free
Everyone loves a good bargain—whether you're frugal or you love to splurge, no one could say no to beautiful pieces at reasonable prices and every seasoned shopper knows these can be found in Divisoria. However, shopping in this spot can be a little tricky. Aside from being ready to brave the crowds and face sweltering heat, here's how to prepare for a trip this weekend:
- Make sure to dress down and bring only the essentials. The goal is to look “normal” in order to afford more haggling privileges.
- Anticipate a lot of walking; wear comfy and waterproof flats. Remember that most streets in Divisoria can easily turn into a mud party when it rains. Bring a small umbrella as well.
- Tote a small shoulder or belt bag with closures where you can stash your cash (don’t put all in your wallet). Swing the bag in front of you at all times, and avoid fumbling at it while walking. It’ll make you look distracted and thus, an easy target for pickpockets. Bring a foldable canvas tote for your purchases.
- Haggling is encouraged, but know when to stop. Some temperamental stall owners might get miffed if you offer to buy their products for ridiculously low prices.
- While ATMs are aplenty around Divisoria, it’s better to bring enough cash, broken into smaller bills. If you must withdraw, choose a machine that’s enclosed in a mall.
- Thoroughly inspect your desired items before buying them. Unless they’re your suki, most stores in Divisoria don’t observe actual return and exchange policies.
Read the original article ("My Divine Divi") in the March 2011 issue of Real Living Magazine. Download your digital copy of Real Living on the Real Living App. Log on to summitnewsstand.com.ph/real-living for more details.
More on Realliving.com.ph