Did You Know That Green Can Increase Your Productivity?
Get done with work faster by incorporating this color into your office
The color green brings a lot of benefits—it's an easy option to work with and it can give anyone the feeling of being one with nature. But did you know that green can boost your productivity, too? According to a study led by the University of Munich, it is reported that even just a glimpse of green could trigger "the type of pure, open (mental) processing required to do well on creativity tasks." If you want to try it out in your home office, here are ideas you can start with:
1. Don't want to go through the trouble of painting? Use it as an accent color through wallpaper or accessories like folders, sticky notes or pens. As a bonus, green pops out well against white or beige pieces which you probably have in your home office.
2. Add a splash of green to your space with plants. If you live in a high-rise home, this is the closest you can get to bringing nature inside the home.
3. Choose color combinations carefully. To maximize productivity, make sure to combine it with blue (it is said to boost creativity, too!) or any other shade of green to maintain the tone of your space.
4. If you don't want to have multiple green items in your space, you can focus on one statement item. Consider investing in a green couch, drapes or a working chair.
5. Bonus: extend the green into your bedroom. The lighter shades of green (mint and pistachio) relate to restfulness and relaxation as well.
More on Realliving.com.ph