DIY: Vertical Containers for the Kitchen
Save some counter space with these must-haves that you can make on your own
To be able to have an efficient kitchen space, there should be proper storage where one can store kitchen utensils and supplies. If you have limited kitchen space, proper storage can be a challenge.
No need to worry as you can maximize your kitchen's walls! Craft an organizer that you can hang on one wall. It can serve as wall accent, too! Let the steps below guide you.
Source and Photos: A Beautiful Mess.
- Towel bars / rods
- Wooden utensil holders
- Shower curtain rings
- Power drill
- Select and finalize the exact spot where you want to hang your organizers. Clean and wipe the area using a damp cloth.
- Using a power drill, install the towel bars onto the wall. If you are planning to add more than one towel bar, make sure that you leave at least five to six inches of space between each.
- Once the bars are secure, prepare to install the wooden utensil holders. Drill a hole about 1 1/2" from the top of each of your utensil holders.
- Open the shower curtain ring, slide one end through the hole and the other over the towel bar. Close the ring and make sure it's secure.
- Fill your wooden containers with kitchen utensils and other essentials. You may add a liner at the bottom of each to protect it from scratches.
RL Tip: Add a refreshing touch to your kitchen by turning one of the wooden containers into a planter. Fill it with succulents or fresh flowers.
More on Realliving.com.ph