DIY: An Old Pillowcase turned into Stylish Envelope
Make use of old pieces to create a stylish must-have for your home office
Old pieces, when accumulated, can turn into clutter. Take control of your space by selecting pieces that can still be recycled. If you have old pillow covers with interesting prints and designs, you can turn it into a unique envelope which you can then use to organize bills and receipts.
Once done, you can add this piece to your home office or study area.
DIY inspired by Craft a Doodle Doo.
- Fabric glue
- Lay the pillowcase horizontally on a flat surface.
- Use fabric glue to stick the zipper area to the cloth to conceal it. Let it dry.
- Fold the corners together to form a huge envelope. Make sure that the bottom flap is on top.
- Secure the areas with pins and start sewing them together using a needle and string. You may also use fabric glue if you want.
- Attach the snap button to the outer flap at the center of the piece.
RL Tip: From home must-have to fashion accessory—How about using your finished project as a DIY clutch during your next night out with friends?
More on Realliving.com.ph