DIY: An Old Wooden Box Turned into a Utensil Organizer
Keep kitchen utensils in place with this easy project
If you have an old box that's gathering dust in the garage or storage area, here's an easy project that will surely breathe new life into an old must-have. Turn it into a utensil organizer for your cutlery essentials. Be guided by the steps below.
Source: A Beautiful Mess.
- Old wooden box
- Small wood planks to serve as dividers (will vary on the size of the wooden box)
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Clean your old wooden box using dishwashing liquid and a damp cloth. Use sandpaper to smooth out the rough edges.
- Start painting the box with your chosen hue. Start with the interior part before proceeding to the exterior of the box. Make sure that you work with paint that's suitable for wood. Enamel paint adheres to wooden surfaces easily and can withstand wear and tear.
- Paint the wood planks then let it dry.
- Once dry, start installing the wood planks as dividers. You can work with a glue gun or you can work with nails and a hammer to make it more secure. Make sure that the wood planks are proportionate to the size of the box so you don't have to cut them again.
- Once done, start organizing your cutlery. Depending on the number of divisions that you made, you may have a compartment for spoons, forks, knives, etc.
RL Tip: If you're placing your new organizer on the counter, you may also use mason jars to organize other kitchen utensils. You may also use it to add decor.
You can add a handle to your box organizer! Click here to learn how.
More on Realliving.com.ph