Reader Question: What Colors Can I Use in My Small Bedroom?
Spruce up your personal space with these vibrant yet soothing color choices
Q: I’m thinking of redesigning my bedroom—approximately 3.5”x3”— to suit my needs and wants as a multimedia arts student. I want it to look spacious and refreshing to the eyes. What color combinations would you suggest? I don’t really have favorite colors, but I prefer vibrant colors over dark ones. — Sophia Bathan, Taguig City
A: There are different views on which color sparks creativity—most say blue, others say red. I would suggest using colors that are soothing to the eyes since it is a bedroom.
The following are bright enough to spark creativity, but are not too vibrant that they might keep you up at night:
1. Turquoise Bay A37-4 (blue) and Wheat Ridge D19-4 (beige)
2. Rossland A38-4 (blue) and Silent White E39 (white)
3. Timeless B41-3 (blue) and Latte Light D19-1 (cream)
4. My Fair Lady C4-4 (purple) and Birch Park D22-1 (off white)
5. Greenwich C33-4 (green) and Hazy Day D22-3 (light beige)
*All paints are from Ace Paint
Read the original article ("Ask It") in the October 2013 issue of Real Living Magazine. Download your digital copy of Real Living on the Real Living App now! Log on to summitnewsstand.com.ph/real-living for more details.
More on Realliving.com.ph