Multitasking Furniture For Small Spaces
These double-duty, multi-use pieces are the true “transformer” heroes for tiny homes
In a small home—especially condo units and studio homes—the floor area is precious. Because of this, furniture should be carefully chosen, so as not to clutter up limited space with pieces you cannot use. The solution: get furniture with dual (or multiple) purposes.
“When furnishing a compact home, choose pieces that serve multiple functions like sofa beds,” advises Real Living’s associate style editor Tala Singson. “You can also minimize the number of seating to avoid visual clutter.” Other multi-use pieces can be stools and beds with storage space in its base, adjustable tables, and bookcases that serve as room dividers. Check out our transform-able, small-space-friendly furnishings below.
1. The top of this coffee table rises up to dining table height (if you want to dine in front of the TV), and there is a lot of storage space underneath to stash cutlery, plates, or books.
Dalton Center Table, P15,298, Blims Fine Furniture
2. A sofa without arms takes up less physical and visual space. This neutral couch goes with any color scheme, and transforms into a bed, too.
Norman Brown Sofa Bed, price available upon request, Avino Fine Living
3. This jazzy, graphic-printed ottoman makes a wonderful room accent, and can the top can be opened so you can hide your living room clutter inside.
Coober Ottoman With Storage, P4,500, Avino Fine Living
4. Nesting furniture are nifty essentials that can be pulled out and the different tables used in various areas in the house.
Kilo Stackable Tables, P7,995, Habitat
5. The stylish, midcentury-style Vienna sofa has a secret: it can fold down to become a recliner, and fold down further to become a bed.
Vienna Sofabed, P29,998, Blims Fine Furniture
6. This sleek, modern piece has an X-base that can be adjusted to coffee-table-height or dining-height.
Zurich Adjustable-height Table, P22,998, Blims Fine Furniture
Read the original article on small-space furniture ("Compact Cool") in the June 2017 issue of Real Living Magazine. Download your digital copy of Real Living on the Real Living App. Log on to summitnewsstand.com.ph/real-living for more details.
More on Realliving.com.ph