DIY: Tinted Jars and Bottles
Recycle old jam or pasta sauce jars into tinted glass pieces you can put on display
If you have a big home and got a lot of jars and bottles because of your grocery consumption, you might be wondering of other ways to recycle the glassware. Sure, you can always give them a good wash and reuse them to store other food items, but they tend to stack up.
Why not give them a new life? Tint your jars and bottles using a rainbow of colors so you can put them on display or give them away as gifts.
Main photo from Living Beautifully.
- Mason jar or bottle
- Mod Podge – click here to watch a video tutorial on how to make your own
- Food coloring of choice
Photo from Reasons to Skip the Housework.
- Mix together ¼ cup of Mod Podge and a few drops of food coloring. Add as much food coloring to get the shade you want. (Optional: Add water depending on how opaque you want your tint to be.)
- Pour mixture into the jar or bottle.
- Swirl it around until the entire interior is covered with the mixture. Pour out excess.
- Heat oven to 180?C and bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Use your finished project as vases, organizers, and more!
NOTE: Once tinted, these jars and bottles won’t be waterproof. They aren’t safe to be used as food containers, too.
Photo from Living Beautifully.
More on Realliving.com.ph