DIY: Recycled Desk Organizer
Turn trash into treasure with this simple activity
You don’t always have to scour different home stores to find accessories for your home. All you need is creativity and a few items from your trash bin. If you’re looking for a desk organizer to keep your pens, pins, and scissors at bay, this one is simple to make. You can even customize the look to match your space.
Photos from Upcycled Treasures.
- 5 tin cans in different sizes
- Wood glue
- 5” x 12” wood plank
- Spray paint, color of your choice
RL Tip: When choosing tin cans, make sure to avoid ones with sharp edges.
- Arrange the tin cans on top of the wood plank.
- Once you’re happy with the arrangement, permanently stick them using the wood glue.
- Let the glue dry for at least 12 hours.
- Once the glue has dried, spray paint the entire piece—making sure to get every corner and crack.
- Let dry for 24 hours.
- Place it on your desk and start organizing your essentials.
All photos are from upcycledtreasures.com.
More on Realliving.com.ph