DIY: Framed Succulent Wall Decor
Add some greenery into your home with this unique and easy DIY project
Since they are easy to maintain, succulents are becoming more and more popular in homes. Whether they’re simply potted or arranged in a beautiful terrarium, these pint-sized plants are perfect additions to any space that needs a little green touch.
Why not go above the rest and display your succulents in a whole new way. This DIY project not only puts your tiny buds on display but also doubles as a great wall décor piece.
Main photos are from: Our Fine House.
- Decorative wooden frame 12”x12”
- 4 pieces 1”x1” wood strips
- 12”x12” plywood
- Tight-knit wire mesh
- Wire cutter/ Pliers
- Different kinds of succulents
- Pruning shears
RL Tip: When handling wire, use protective gloves to avoid accidents.
Photo by Mark Francis Jesalva.
- Remove the backing of the wooden frame.
- Lay the wire mesh across the back of the frame. Cut to the size of the frame.
- Using the 1”x1” wood strips; mount the wire mesh onto the frame. Secure with nails.
- Once the frame is secure, create a bed of moss over the mesh wire. Make sure all the space is filled to avoid the soil from spilling out. Once all the space is filled, lay down the soil until the rim of the wood strips.
- Cover with the plywood and secure with nails. Flip over the frame to reveal the front side.
- Remove all succulents from their pots. Using the pruning shears, strip off their roots and extra leaves so you’re left with a little stem at the end for easy mounting.
- Plant your succulents into the moss; using the wire mesh to secure them. Cut strips of wire and bend into a U shape to use as fasteners.
- Fill the entire frame with your succulents.
- Make sure your succulents are securely fastened before hanging.
Photo from Garden Dancing.
More on Realliving.com.ph