DIY: Christmas Cones
Create a super quick and easy Christmas Tree that's perfect for small spaces too!
We’re coming down to the last weeks before Christmas Eve and we’re sure everyone’s running around trying to check off items on their Christmas lists. If you haven’t had the time to decorate your home yet for the holidays, here's an easy project that you can do.
Styling by Dagny Madamba. Additional styling and photography by Tala Singson.
- Brown cartolina
- Masking tape
- Old newspapers
- Gold spray paint
- Take opposite sides of the cartolina to make a cone. Secure it using masking tape. For a more polished look, instead of sticking the masking tape on the surface of the cone, stick it inside.
- Cut the base of the cone with a pair of scissors so it can stand level to a surface. Determine which part of the cone you’ll be painting. Cover the parts that you don't want to paint with newspaper.
- Lay out old newspaper sheets in your work area to avoid dust and paint stains on the floor.
- Spray paint the cartolina cone. Remember to spray at least eight inches from the surface. Apply multiple coats with drying time in between. Set aside and let dry completely.
- Remove newspaper. Voila! An instant holiday décor!
For more holiday tips and guides, click here.