DIY: Chevron Lampshade
Give your old lampshade an upgrade by painting it with stripes and patterns
This weekend, jazz up your plain lampshade by painting it with chevron stripes! This design allows you to mix and match two different widths to create a vibrant vibe in your space. Let this project inspire and guide you.
All photos from Etsy.com | DIY Inspired by theblissfulbee.com
- Painter’s Tape
- Paint Brush
- White Cloth Lamp Shade
1. Choose your pattern dimensions. Make sure you measure your lampshade first before you plot your stripes.
2. Stick a strip of painter’s tape at the base. Place another piece of tape so it can face each other, forming a triangular shape.
3. Start repeating the pattern until you fill in the whole lamp. Make sure that the spaces between your stripes are proportional to each other. The key to a good chevron design is through its balanced spaces.
RL Tip: Use scissors to cut the edges of your tape, for a fine finish.
4. Once you’ve finished plotting the tape, start painting the empty spaces using light strokes.
RL Tip: Paint within the corners of the plotting tape, to avoid uneven stripes.
5. Let the finished product sit for 20-30 minutes, until it’s dry.
More on Realliving.com.ph