8 Ways to Liven Up Your Tired Space
Quickly turn your home from drab to fab with these simple tricks
Whether your space just looks outdated or it can use a little sprucing up, you don't need to commit to a renovation just yet. There are simple things you can do to refresh your space without relying on an expensive revamp. If you're on a budget and want to breathe new life into your dull space, here are some things you can do:
In the living area
1. Try moving your furniture around. It doesn’t seem like very much but it can really change the look of a room. See if you can remove one chair or move the sofa. You can also bring in ottomans and a side table.
2. If you’re itching for something a little more drastic, why not change the entire theme or look of the room? You don't have to change your furniture, you can bring in a new rug, a few accessories, and make little changes in the lighting, upholstery, and soft furnishings.
In the kitchen
3. Unlike the living room, your kitchen might not be as flexible to change. Work on little tweaks to give it a new look like changing the knobs and handles of your cabinets and drawers.
4. If you really want to make a big splash, getting decals or stick-on tiles can help you make an impact or achieve the feel of a brand new backsplash.
In the bedroom
5. Bedrooms are easier to change. Get started by buying new bed sheets or bringing in a new lamp. Investing in new pillows or pillow covers can help as well.
6. Similar to how you can revamp the living area, you can revisit the layout of your bedroom, too. See if you can move the bed nearer the window or try changing the orientation of your TV so you can enjoy optimum viewing experience. Make sure you're comfortable with the new look and that you'll feel relaxed the moment you step inside.
In the bathroom
7. When it comes to updating the bathroom, finding the right accessories can help change the entire look of the space. Look for a new shower curtain or a posh mirror that can double as wall accent.
8. Little changes contribute to the overall look. Accessories like catchalls, trays, and scented candles can give your T&B an upgrade. You can also invest in pretty and functional additions like a new towel set and a bath mat.
More on Realliving.com.ph