5 Must-Read Tips For Mixing Decor Styles
Don't be afraid to break the rules in styling your home
Can't decide what look to go for? Then why not go for all the styles you want? No one says you have to stick to one decor theme forever. Change the way your room is decorated whenever you feel like it and get the satisfaction of knowing you did it all on your own.
1. Don't let trends dictate the look of your room—experiment with shapes, textures, and hues until it feels right for you.
2. Your room doesn't have to look like a winter wonderland during the holidays or a haunted house during Halloween. Make different occasions fit into our Asian climes by choosing accessories with clean lines and refined colors.
3. Rearrange your furniture. Believe it or not, you can transform a basic room and give it different looks just by playing with accessories.
4. Make color work to your advantage. Even if you mix two or more styles in a room, it will look put together as long as you stick to one color scheme.
5. Find the balance. Create perfect proportions by choosing items with equal visual weight. For example, you can pair a minimalist chair with lineal artwork for a unique Asian appeal.
This snippet is from the original article ("One Room, Three Looks") in the November 2005 issue of Real Living Magazine. Download your digital copy of Real Living on the Real Living App now! Log on to summitnewsstand.com.ph/real-living for more details.
More on Realliving.com.ph