5 Important Tips For Decorating On A Budget
Try one (or all) of these pocket-friendly ideas for an instant design boost
No matter who you ask—be it interior design professionals or fellow homeowners—everyone will tell you that decorating a home does not come cheap. However, that doesn't mean updating your space should cost as much. With a little creativity, you can always find a way to give design a twist! Freshen up the look of your humble abode with these affordable fixes:
1. It's safe to say that artwork comes with a hefty price tag. If you only have a few pieces, hang them in a group together for maximum impact. Scattering individual pieces around the room can make it look sparse and undone.
2. No budget for commissioned art? No problem. To give your space a personal touch, display family and travel photographs. Even something as simple as hanging up polaroids will make a drastic difference in your home.
3. Sometimes, it's as easy as moving things around. Start by mixing and matching what you already have and then changing the layout of your space. You can even go as far as moving pieces to another room or refinishing existing furniture.
4. Don't overthink it—if you feel like using lanai furniture in your main living space, go ahead and do it! Just because something is meant for a different purpose doesn't mean you can't use it for the look you want to achieve.
5. For an elegant final look, consider mixing high-end pieces with more practical picks. As long as you have a well-styled display, the items you use don't really matter—the most important thing is you own things you truly love.
More on Realliving.com.ph