5 Helpful Tips For Buying Curtains
There's more to it than picking out prints and patterns
Shopping for curtains seems like a no-brainer, but in truth, it can get pretty overwhelming—it involves measuring the windows, choosing the right material and picking out a great design among other things. To help you out, we’ve listed down important factors that should go into your purchase. Check them out below:
1. There is no such thing as “one size fits all” when it comes to curtains. Don’t guess the dimensions—ever! Make it a point to measure the width and the height of your windows before buying drapes.
2. If you have no choice but to eyeball the measurements, check the things near the curtain. Remember, the length will depend on where the fabric will fall. For example, if your bed is under a window, shorter curtains might do the trick.
3. Aside from the window size, count the number of panels. You don’t want to be left with gaps between drapes, right? For most frames, two panels are enough—three if you have extra wide windows.
4. Consider the place where you’ll be using the curtains. For instance, silky drapes aren’t the best choice for the kitchen or the dining room as they are very hard to spot clean.
5. Always check the fabric content if it is machine washable or dry clean only. It’s best to go for the prior as you can easily throw them in the wash without having to pay to have them cleaned every time.
More on Realliving.com.ph