5 Decorating Tips for a Blissful Bedroom
Come home to a serene space with these easy ideas
Aside from the living and kitchen areas, the most important part of the home is the slumber zone—it is where we spend most of our time so it is essential to make it comfortable, personal and one-of-a-kind. Do yourself a favor and start upgrading your sleeping space with these tips:
1. Cover it. A quilt or comforter is one piece of linen that makes a bed look more polished and having one in a dramatic color or lovely pattern can change the look of your bedroom.
RL Tip: If you don’t have a comforter, get a blanket in a bright color, fold it into four horizontally and spread it across the foot the bed to balance the pillows on the other end.
2. Keep the nightstand neat. An open night table looks modern but storing loose items underneath can make it look cluttered. Get a basket or a bin big enough to stash books, magazines, and knickknacks to keep your bedside organized.
3. Add a bunch of pillows. Add drama, depth, and comfort to your bed by layering different sizes of pillows from biggest to smallest. Your standard pillows propped up against a wall can even serve as a makeshift headboard.
4. Make it look expensive. Luxurious and elegant accessories can add elegance and hotel-like quality to your bedroom. A golden tray, a beaded throw, and a fancy tissue box are enough to make anyone feel special.
5. Go mysterious. Don't be fooled. Dark colors on walls work in bedrooms—it creates a vibe that will make you want to drift off to dreamland.
Read the original article (Boring to Bongga!) in the September 2005 issue of Real Living Magazine. Download your digital copy of Real Living on the Real Living App. Log on to summitnewsstand.com.ph/real-living for more details.
More on Realliving.com.ph