These 7 Stylish Tiles Can Give Your Bare Bathroom A Quick Makeover
Stumped over how to jazz up your newly-turned over bathroom? These tiles will give it instant style!
Condo and development housing bathrooms are usually turned over in a bare state, with tiles laid only on the floor and in the shower area—and it’s usually just in white. It’s probably hard to imagine that you can actually transform a plain loo into a stylish bathroom, but it is possible, if you choose the right tile. Complete your bathroom makeover with these seven suggestions:
1. If you want a break from those ubiquitous white subway tiles but still want a clean, vintage look, then go for large hexagons. This shape also helps make a small bathroom look bigger.
Hexagonal Tiles, ITrade
2. Rectangular tiles are usually laid out on the horizontal. Give it a design tweak by laying it out on the diagonal, in a dynamic herringbone pattern.
Rectangular Tiles, ITrade
3. Nothing else livens up a bare bathroom like a bold color. These mustard yellow tiles are all you need to punch up a space.
Glazed Tiles, ITrade
4. When using a neutral palette in a bathroom, add depth by mixing tile shapes, patterns, and textures, but in similar colorways.
Navarti Memphis Collection, La Europa Ceramica
5. Still want to use subway tiles? Update this design staple by going for a cool gray color, and using contrasting white grout.
Gray Subway Tiles, Vintage Hardware
6. Italian design superstar Piero Lissoni worked with Cotto to create Pætchwork/ Collection, a minimalist but sophisticated collection of ceramic tiles.
Pætchwork Tile in Blue, Cotto, Sanitec Import Ventures, Inc.
7. Does you condo bathroom have a low ceiling? Give the illusion of higher headspace by laying rectangular tiles on the vertical, as seen here.
Pætchwork Boiserie Tile in Eggshell, Cotto, Sanitec Import Ventures, Inc.
More on Realliving.com.ph