RL Tips: Fixing a Leaking Faucet
Fix a minor leak yourself!
The amount of water wasted by a leaky faucet adds up over time. Save water and money by learning how to fix a minor leak. Let these steps guide you.
Photographed by Rene Mejia.
Material from Real Living's Handy Hints and Instant Makeovers: 35 Easy Home Projects (2010). To view other Real Living Home Ideas Books, visit https://www.summitnewsstand.com.ph/real-living/specials.
- Turn off the water supply at the valve under your sink or the main water pipe.
- Disassemble the faucet to see where the problem is. Use the right type and size of pliers, screwsrivers, and adjustable wrench.
- Wrap masking tape around the jaws of your pliers or wrench so as not to scratch the faucet's soft metal parts.
- Replace your faucet's worn-out washer or O-ring.
- Remove sediments on the faucet's stem. Wipe the stem with a piece of cloth until it shines. Reassemble.
How I Moved Out of the Family Home and Survived Living Alone
This House in Pasig Has Been Under Renovation For Years
This Museum In a Bahay Na Bato Is a Lesson In Pinoy History
This Elevated Walkway In Ortigas Makes Pasig A More Walkable City
How Do You Divide Conjugal Property When You Get Annulled?
Designer Pieces We Love in Derek Ramsay’s House in Alabang
Here's How To Keep Your Clothes Wrinkle-Free When Traveling
Neutral Colors Make This 50sqm Condo Unit Extra Homey
Get inspiring design ideas and handy hints.
Subscribe to our newsletter now!