8 Ways to Care For Your Furniture
Save on costs by keeping your prized pieces in tip-top shape
Since we use them every day, furniture pieces are prone to wear and tear. While we can always reupholster them, it is still important that we keep the cushions and covers clean.
Keep your pieces looking brand new with the help of these eight handy hints.
- Vacuum your cushions once a week—especially if you have kids and pets at home. Regularly cleaning your pieces avoids dust accumulation.
- Use a microfiber cloth or feather duster when removing dirt.
- Rotate cushions after vacuuming to evenly distribute the foam of your couch.
- To avoid molds, make sure you air out the cushions at least once a month.
- Exposure to sunlight may cause the fabric or the material of your sofa to fade. Consider placing your pieces in a cool area to avoid wrinkles. You can also bring down the curtains during the afternoon or during the hottest part of the day.
- Wipe spills immediately. While the stain is fresh, it’s advisable to blot it out before it dries completely on your seat.
- Dry clean cushions made from satin or taffeta material. Do not attempt to hand wash these materials as it can tear the fabric apart.
- Do not use soap or detergent when cleaning leather covers. Use a specialized leather cleaner to remove stains.
More on Realliving.com.ph