6 Practical Ideas for the Laundry Area
Take note of these important tips for a neat, organized, and efficient space
Q: My wife and I have been looking for laundry rooms in your old issues. Since the laundry room is often neglected, we hope that you can share tips on how to improve this space. We would like a clean and organized look.—Stephen Yu
A: We're glad that you want to pay special attention to your laundry room or service area! Make the most of this essential yet frequently-forgotten space with these useful ideas:
- Choose light neutral colors for the walls, appliances, and accessories. A muted color palette can make the usually small space appear larger than it really is.
- Install enough general and task lighting—general lighting for the entire room and task lighting for specific areas.
- Install cabinets, shelves, and drawers to store the laundry area essentials.
- Install rods and hangers for clothes.
- Bring in woven baskets, mason jars, and other interesting storage options.
- You can also accessorize with wall art and other decorative pieces.
Photo courtesy of home-designing.com
Read the original article ("Ask It") in the August 2009 issue of Real Living Magazine. Download your digital copy of Real Living on the Real Living App. Log on to summitnewsstand.com.ph/real-living for more details.
More on Realliving.com.ph