5 Tips For Styling Your Table With Potted Plants
Liven up your dining area with pops of green
To turn the dining area into an inviting and comfortable part of the house, many homeowners invest in quality dining sets, add ample storage, and spruce up the table with captivating centerpieces. If you're looking for ways on how to set up the table for get-togethers, you may want to work with a couple of plants from your garden. To help you out, here are five easy steps to keep in mind:
What you need:
- Assorted cacti and succulents
- Ceramic trays
- Your choice of dinnerware, table runner, and table napkins
1. Start with a color palette. Having a unifying color palette can help you balance out the different prints. For the setup in the video, we mixed-and-matched pieces with the colors blue and white.
2. Don't be afraid to mix-and-match patterns. Set small patterns against big ones.
3. Add a bit of contrast by varying the scale of the prints and the texture of fabrics.
4. Try using bowls and mugs for your potted plants aside from painted terracotta pots.
5. Group two to three plants together and place them on top of rectangular ceramic platters.
Estimated Cost: P340 (using various plants)
- Assorted cacti, succulents, and Aloe vera plant—P50 each, available at Angel's Blooms Garden, White Plains, Quezon City
- Terracotta pots and vases—P45 each, Dapitan Arcade
Styling by: Jen Inumerable Suarez.
More on Realliving.com.ph