8 Kitchen Cabinet Storage Ideas
Make the most of your storage spaces with these tips
There are times when clutter is caused not by the mere lack of space but because of the improper use of it. In any home, space should be maximized wisely.
In the kitchen, it pays to know how to organize your kitchen cabinets so you can have enough space to accommodate utensils, cups, and other tableware. Let these eight storage strategies guide you.
Main photo from My Domaine.
- Place items that are intended for display on shelves near the window, doorway or any area where you can find extra space.
- Segregate items per material. Group stainless-steel pans together and plastic cups in another. Make sure you place them in an area that's easy to reach.
- Keep small items—like condiments and spices—organized by adding narrow shelves.
Photo by Ocs Alvarez/ACME Visual Productions.
- Opt to stack cups and saucers alternatively—to make it easier for you to get them.
- Install vertical rods between shelves so you can store cutting boards and baking pans together.
Photo from www.colourfulbeautifulthings.co.uk.
- Group dinnerware based on function: stack every day plates in an easy access shelf and porcelain plates reserved for occasional dinners on the topmost shelves.
- Stack bows and pans together to save space. You can also place paper plates in between layers to avoid any scratches.
- Segregate kitchenware by size or shape so your pieces won't break when you pull one out.
Photo by Miguel Nacianceno.
More on Realliving.com.ph