DIY Weekend Project: Organizer Board
Keep your desk clutter-free with this fun project
With this organizer board, you can stick to the old saying: "A place for everything and everything in its place." All you need are a few materials available at any crafts or school supplies store, plus a free weekend.
How long it will take: A day to a day and a half
Project estimated cost: P1,000 to P1,200
- 24” x 36” corkboard
- Scrapbook paper
- 1 1/2 pcs. 15” x 20” illustration board
- Alphabet foam stickers and sticker letters
- Monthly calendar printout (preferably 8 1/2 inches x 6 inches)
- Photo corners
- Glue gun
- Rubber cement
- Pair of scissors
- Mosaic tiles (3/4” x 3/4”)
- Beige and light green specialty board
- Key hooks
Crafts by Hannah Faustino. Styling by Issa Villar. Photographed by Jun Pinzon.
1. Cover the corkboard with fabric and scrapbook paper leaving the areas for pictures and Post-it notes exposed.
2. Make four boxes out of illustration board that are in proportion to your corkboard. Preferred dimension is 6” (length) x 5 1/2” (height) x 2” (total depth). The sides should be angled at about 50 to 70 degrees for incline. Cover with scrapbook paper. Put a 1” border on the upper edge and label it using foam stickers.
3. Lay boxes out on the corkboard but do not attach them yet.
4. Attach a 24” x 10 1/2” piece of fabric to the lower section of the corkboard. Using photo corners, attach calendar printout on one side. Attach three boxes vertically at the left side using thumbtacks. The remaining box may be attached at the right side of the calendar.
5. Allot space for the calendar printout and attach it to the cork board using photo corners. Also, allot space on the upper section of your corkboard for your photos (14 1/2” x 12”) and Post-it corner (9 1/2” x 12”). Make a frame with a 1” border for your photo area and Post-it corner. Decorate with mosaic tiles by applying rubber cement on both the surface of the mosaic tile and the illustration board. Label using foam stickers or ordinary alphabet stickers.
6. Attach hooks for keys 1” below the box located on the right side. Support them with thumbtacks.