5 Ways To Organize Your Crafting Corner
Get inspired to create beautiful things with the help of a tidy workspace
We think all crafters would agree when we say that it is impossible to work when your space is a mess. Is your crafts station looking more like a dumping ground than a workspace? Try these creative ideas for more organized crafting:
1. Instead of putting your craft items in different places, invest in a storage system that you can set up in one spot—preferably near your workspace—where you can store everything in. This keeps your room streamlined and saves you the trouble of walking to and fro the room when you are working.
2. Like in any project, clear out your workspace. Take everything out of the cabinets and cubbyholes and place it in the proper spot. A clean desk inspires you to do more work and clears your mind of unnecessary stress, too.
3. Make an inventory of your items and declutter all half-used materials and unfinished projects. Throw out scraps of wire, thread, or ribbon that cannot be reused or single beads without any matching pieces.
4. Gather all the remaining reusable materials and group them by craft before reorganizing them in your closet.
5. Assign a specific storage area or container for each craft "group" and put it in place. This will help you keep track of what you need to buy or what you need to skip when shopping at the crafts store.
This snippet is from the original article "Getting Crafty" in the October 2009 issue of Real Living Magazine. Download your digital copy of Real Living on the Real Living App. Log on to summitnewsstand.com.ph/real-living for more details.
More on Realliving.com.ph