10 Ways to Organize Your Medicine Cabinet
Arrange your items accordingly and maintain a well-kept cabinet at home
The medicine cabinet is your go-to place for everyday products such as medicine, cosmetics, and other grooming essentials. This storage area above your sink is often limited, that is why organizing it is a must. Keep it clutter-free with the help of these tips.
Photos from remodelista.com
- Put items that you use ever day at eye-level, so it won’t be hard for you to rummage through your things.
- Clean your medicine cabinet regularly. Wipe down the sides and the shelves. Look through your toiletries and medicines. Throw out everything that is expired or those with illegible labels.
- Wipe your mirror weekly with a damp cloth and a homemade vinegar solution. Make sure you clean it thoroughly to avoid streaks that can cause stains on the glass.
- Utilize containers with similar colors for a more organized look. You may opt to follow the theme of your bathroom.
- Use out-of-the-box catchalls like jewelry boxes or cups from the kitchen for pills, cotton, and makeup, and dishes or small trays for razors and guests’ toothbrushes.
- Organize items by height; place the tall items such as hair spray bottles at the back and small cosmetics like lipstick in front.
- Transfer your economy-size bottles of lotion or shampoo into small containers then store it in a cool place, to extend the product’s life.
- Create an inventory of your toiletries and where to find them. Stick it to the inside door of your cabinet or display it in a picture frame for everyone to see.
- Group your medical supplies and toiletries according to use—medicine for cough, fever, allergies, first aid supplies, and makeup, moisturizers and lotions, etc.
- Place your medicines in a plastic bag then write the date you purchased the item and its expiration date on sticker paper.
Photo by Miguel Nacianceno
More on Realliving.com.ph