We Discovered a Microwave Hack That Can Make Cleaning Easier
Prep your cleaning rags for this clever trick!
The microwave has become one of the most important appliances at home. Considered as an investment must-have, we use it to reheat leftovers and prep instant meals. But did you know that you can also use it to maintain a spic-and-span space? We’re sure you’ve tried popping your kitchen sponges inside the microwave to get rid of bacteria. While it does kill a percentage of these microorganisms, it doesn’t guarantee that you’ll get a hundred percent clean sponge after a few minutes. According to the article published by The New York Times, “it may nuke the weak ones, but the strongest, smelliest and potentially pathogenic bacteria will survive.” To save on cash and to make the most of your sponges, you can always cut its corners as an alternative.
Don’t lose faith in the power of your microwave yet as we’ve discovered a new cleaning trick that involves heat and cleaning rags. A hot rag can help you breeze through tasks like wiping spills, removing scum, and getting rid of food stains without breaking a sweat. Ready to try it at home? Be guided by the steps below:
- Soak the rag in water then gently wring it just to make sure it's not dripping.
- Place it inside the microwave then set the timer to 30 seconds.
- Is it hot enough but safe for you to touch? You can use gloves to perform your cleaning tasks using the hot rag. The hotter rag, the more effective it will be.
- You can use the rag on its own, use it in tandem with your go-to cleaner, or sprinkle a little baking soda before dealing with your dirty backsplash and counters.
- Aside from using the hot rag to clean the backsplash, the countertops, and the faucet, you can count on it when cleaning your microwave, refrigerator, and shower fixtures.
Shop for quality cleaning rags and microfiber cloths at True Value.
Source: Apartment Therapy
More on Realliving.com.ph