This Deodorizer Will Keep Your Home Fresh For A Month
Place it anywhere you like—in the bathroom, kitchen, or even in the recycling bin!
Fact: All homeowners want a clean and crisp smelling home. This is probably why whenever we cook something that leaves a funky aroma in the kitchen or when garbage trucks come to collect trash, we always find ourselves reaching for the can of air freshener. However, while this practice is harmless and effective, it can be costly in the long run. To help you tick off the deodorizer from your shopping list forever, we've got an easy and simple alternative you can make in 10 minutes but will last you for an entire month! Check it out below:
What you need:
- 2 cups of baking soda
- 1 to 2 cups of distilled or boiled water
- 20 drops of your favorite essential oil (Coconut and mint make a great combo!)
- Silicone molds
- Before you start, keep this ratio in mind: 5 drops of essential oil is to 1/2 cup of water. Once you've decided how much you want to make, proceed to the next steps.
- Prepare the baking soda in a mixing bowl and slowly pour in the oil and water solution. Stir until a thick paste is formed. Add more baking soda as needed.
- Scoop the paste into the silicone molds. Let it dry for 24 to 48 hours until it is completely hard.
- Leave a disk or two anywhere you think needs freshening up. Change disks at least once a month.
PHOTOS and SOURCES: One Good Thing by Jillee
More on Realliving.com.ph