This 3-in-1 Detergent Can Do It All
From stain removal to keeping clothes smelling fresh, we’ve found a solution that does it all!
Washing clothes isn't as simple as most people think. Aside from being a tedious task, you need a ton of supplies—detergent, bleach, fabric softeners and more—to get your wardrobe pieces looking perfect.
If you're tired of lugging a bucket full of essentials every time you have to do the laundry, today is your lucky day. We've found a laundry bomb that will be the solution to all your woes. Learn how to make this three-in-one (cleaning, stain removal and deodorizing!) wonder with our step-by-step guide below:
What you need:
- Small mixing bowl
- 1 1/2 cups of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of castile soap
- 2 tablespoons of Epsom salt
- 3 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide
- 1/4 cup of white vinegar
- 15-20 drops essential oil of your choice
- Sheet pan
- Parchment paper
- Measuring spoon
- Combine the baking soda, castile soap, and Epsom salts in a mixing bowl. This will act as the base for your soap and these ingredients do a great job of attacking stains and cleaning fabric.
- Add the hydrogen peroxide and vinegar while continuously stirring the mixture. Hydrogen peroxide naturally whitens clothes and keeps colors vibrant while the vinegar kills any forming odors.
- Once everything is mixed together, you should have something that resembles wet sand. Cover a sheet pan with parchment paper then use a 1-tablespoon measuring spoon to scoop up the mixture.
- Finish off by spritzing the soap balls with a mixture of equal parts water and vinegar to hold it together. Let it set overnight before using.
RL Tip: To use, throw one ball in the washing machine for small loads and two when washing lots of clothes. This can help you keep clothes clean, smelling fresh, and stain-free!
PHOTOS and SOURCES: PopSugar Smart Living (All-in-One Laundry Bombs) and Budget101 (Super Laundry Bombs)
More on Realliving.com.ph