How-To: Removing Sweat Stains
Do you know what causes the pesky yellow marks?
We think you’d all agree when we say that sweat stains are not a pretty sight. Aside from smelling funky, they can permanently ruin your clothes (and bed linen or upholstery), too. If you’re struggling with getting these horrible marks off of your workout gear or everyday clothes, here is a hack that is sure to work like a charm! Try it out this weekend with the help of this step-by-step guide:
What you need:
- Dish Soap
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Baking Soda
- Mix the dish soap and the hydrogen peroxide until it is completely blended.
- Apply onto the stain and top with a sprinkle of baking soda.
- Scrub off the stain using a soft toothbrush. Let it sit for an hour or two.
- Wash the garment as you normally would but avoid using the dryer.
- Ditch the bleach. Avoid using potent solutions as it could react with the bacteria in the stain and thin out the fabric.
- Did you know that the sun can have a natural bleaching effect? If you can, air dry your clothes outside to help get the stains out permanently.
- If you have the time, wash stained clothes immediately—especially workout garments as these are susceptible to staining quickly. Try not to let it sit for long for easy stain removal.
More on Realliving.com.ph