How-To: Getting Grease Off Kitchen Cabinets
Get rid of stubborn stains in three simple steps!
Kitchen cabinets are the star of every cooking corner—they are the first thing you see upon entering the room and have the power to make or break the overall look of the space. However, no matter how pretty your cupboards are, no one would be able to appreciate its beauty if it is covered in grease stains and dirt. No need to worry as it can be easily remedied by a quick cleaning concoction using things you already have at home. Check out the step-by-step guide below:
What you need:
- 2 tablespoons of dish soap
- 2 cups of warm water
- Clean sponge
- Soft brush
- Lemon essential oil
- 1 cup of distilled white vinegar (optional)
- 1 cup of detergent (optional)
- Baking soda (optional)
For easy stains
- Mix 2 tablespoons of dish soap with 2 cups of warm water
- Scrub the cabinet with the mixture using a clean cloth, following the grain of the wood.
- Rinse the area with a damp sponge. Leave to dry.
- Polish with a clean cloth and a few drops of Lemon essential oil.
For medium stains
- Mix 2 tablespoons of dish soap with 2 cups of warm water, and add 1 cup of distilled white vinegar.
- Scrub the stained areas using a soft brush and wipe dry with a clean sponge.
- Repeat the process for easy stains (as seen above).
For tough stains and dirt build-up
- Mix 2 tablespoons of dish soap, 2 cups of warm water, 1 cup of distilled white vinegar, and 1 cup of detergent.
- Sprinkle the stained areas with baking soda before scrubbing with a soft brush and cleaning mixture.
- Proceed with cleaning the entire cabinet with the mixture for easy stains (as seen above).
More on Realliving.com.ph