How-To: Get Rid Of Ants For Good
Keep them away from your sweet treats with this hack!
When summer rolls around, it's quite a given that a colony of ants may visit the home, too. As much as we love sweet-smelling blooms, fresh fruit, and sunny days, we don't want pests invading our home. To help you keep them away forever, we found a homemade solution that doesn't involve expensive and harmful chemical sprays. Check it out below:
What you need:
- 1 teaspoon of Borax
- 10 tablespoons of any flavored jam or marmalade
- A container lid (or more, depending on the severity of the ant invasion)
- A disposable mixing bowl
- A disposable spoon
- In the disposable bowl, combine the Borax and the jam. (If you need a bigger batch of the mixture, this can be extended up to 20 tablespoons of jelly and 1 cup of Borax.)
- Mix it using the disposable spoon until smooth.
- Scoop the jelly mixture into the container lids (bottlecaps work, too!) and place them in nooks where there are a lot of ants—behind table legs, at the end of the kitchen counter or corners of your pantry.
RL Tip: Keep away from pets and kids as it can be poisonous when ingested!
More on Realliving.com.ph