Get Rid Of Fruit Flies Forever With This Clever Trick
You only need three things for this DIY trap
We're all too familiar with the hassle fruit flies bring and it's safe to say nothing ruins a bowl of fresh picks from the market better than a pesky swarm. Unfortunately, closing the doors and windows are not enough to keep them out of your home. Don't worry, we've found the answer—here's a step-by-step guide for building an effective trap using only three things:
IMAGE Apartment Therapy
What you need:
- Apple Cider Vinegar (You can also use lime juice)
- Glass or jar
- Sheet of paper or cardboard
- Find a mason jar with a narrow mouth. Any jar will do, but avoid wide-mouthed pieces so you won’t have a hard time positioning the funnel.
- Roll the sheet of paper into a cone or funnel, leaving a half-inch opening at the bottom. Make sure it fits well.
- Remove the funnel and add around 20ml of apple cider vinegar into the jar.
- Return the funnel and wait for the flies to start swooping in. The scent of vinegar is a hypnotic to most critters and will keep them from flying out of the jar.
- Throw out the contents of the jar in the garbage. Repeat the process when necessary.
SOURCE: Apartment Therapy
More on Realliving.com.ph