DIY: 2-Ingredient Burn Salve
Not only is it easy to make, it's very effective too!
Taking care of the home isn't easy—there's a lot of daily chores to finish, repairs to be done, and meals to prepare. However, even when one is careful, cuts and burns are bound to happen.
When store-bought first-aid isn't readily available, there's a homemade remedy that can bring relief to minor accidents—a mix of honey and lavender essential oil. Raw honey is known for healing all types of wounds while the latter contains linalyl acetate and linalol which both have pain-reducing effects. Make a jar of this handy concoction with this step-by-step guide:
What you need:
- 1/4 cup honey or raw Manuka honey
- 20 drops Lavender essential oil
- Small, empty tin
- Mix the lavender essential oil and honey in a bowl until well-blended.
- Fill the tin and close the lid.
- Refrigerate for a few hours to help it reach a salve consistency.
RL Tip: This can only be used for minor burns and cooking scratches. For more severe wounds, it's best to consult a doctor.
Photo from Mommypotamus.
Source: Wellness Mama.
More on Realliving.com.ph