A Two-Step Natural Bleach Solution
This is an effective yet less-toxic alternative to a cleaning staple
From removing stubborn stains and scrubbing dark grout off our tiles to preventing mildew growth, it's no secret that we rely on bleach for a lot of cleaning-related tasks at home. However, while it does the job of keeping our surroundings sparkling and germ-free, it is also a powerful water pollutant that can have harmful effects to our health in the long run. Luckily, we found an alternative solution that is just as powerful, but without the chemicals. Check out the step-by-step guide below:
What you need:
- ¾ cup 3% hydrogen peroxide
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 cups filtered water
- 20 drops lemon essential oil
- 1 tablespoon of citric acid
- a glass jar or any sealed container
- Simply combine all the ingredients—hydrogen peroxide, lemon juice, citric acid, and essential oil—in the glass jar. Swish it around until all ingredients are properly mixed together.
- Once everything is combined, add filtered water until the container is filled up. Use as you would regular bleach.
More on Realliving.com.ph