7 Ways to Avoid Pests in the Garden
Keep your plants and greens healthy with the help of these tips
Maintaining your garden doesn't just mean watering plants and keeping it clean. It also means keeping the area safe from pests.
We may not notice it, but pests can can cause damage and eventually kill certain plants. Whether you have a huge garden, a small flowerbed, or a mini herb garden, it's best to keep pests at bay. Let the tips below guide you.
- Keep the corners of your garden clean and dry. Pests usually thrive in areas that are concealed. Don't leave buckets of water out in the open as it can turn to mosquito breeding grounds.
- Untrimmed trees and shrubs can become breeding grounds for bugs. Make sure you trim the regularly and that they don't touch the walls of your house.
- Don't stack cardboard boxes outside as it can trap moisture which then attacts pests.
- Consider covering your plants with wet newspaper to avoid pests and weeds. Click here for more ways to recycle newspaper at home.
- If your garden is placed near outdoor drains or gutters, make sure you clean the drains regularly to avoid accumulated garbage.
- Pests are not only limited to bugs. Snails and catepillars can cause damage as well. Deal with this by scattering eggshells around the bases of your plants.
- Insects like ladybugs and the praying mantis, are considered as enemies of pests. Having them in the garden is another safe ways of warding off pests.
More on Realliving.com.ph