6 Budget-Friendly Ways to Get Rid of Cockroaches
Discover practical ideas for a cockroach-free home
Many homeowners may not notice it, but there are many things that we do (and do not do!) that can lead to cockroach infestations. And, unless we change our lifestyle and habits, using store-bought pesticides in and around your home will only be a temporary solution.
If you want to effectively (and permanently!) get rid of cockroaches without spending a single peso, here are 6 no-cost steps that you should take:
- Start by getting rid of all the clutter! Donate or recycle things that you have not used in years because they can attract cockroaches and other pests.
- Once you have removed unnecessary things, you should clean your house regularly! Wipe the surfaces clean and sweep, vacuum, and mop all of your floors.
- You should also take note of the hard-to-reach places that you cannot clean every day. Use boric acid powder to prevent cockroaches from taking over.
- Use caulk to seal any cracks and openings! Seal the spots where the wall and the ceiling meet and where the wall and the floor meet. You should also seal around baseboards and pipes, door and window moldings, around splash board and sink, and inside your cabinets, too.
- For a cockroach-free space, you should store your food properly. Remember to keep everything in air-tight containers.
- Another practical idea is to keep your food and drinks where it belongs! You may want to think about eating and drinking only in the kitchen, dining, and living areas. If you want to enjoy meals in other rooms, use trays to prevent leaving crumbs and drops. Remember to clean your space after eating.
Love the look of this kitchen? Click here to see more photos and view the full home tour.
More on Realliving.com.ph