6 Cleaning Tips That Will Change Your Home Forever
Have a sparkling space every day with these easy room-by-room tips
You might find it hard to believe when we say that cleaning doesn't have to take hours to accomplish—but, trust us, you can do it in less than a day. The secret lies in doing smaller chores that make the big stuff easy. Practice these habits for a cleaner home:
- Discard day-old newspapers and ancient magazines. Display only the new issues on your coffee table, and keep the others in your bedroom or personal storage.
- Dust regularly. Cindy Harris in her book Cleaning Hints & Tips recommends a damp cloth for wood furniture, glass cleaner for glass tabletops, and an old soft toothbrush for carvings.
- Wipe your counters after using them. To keep funky food odors at bay, place a box of baking soda or charcoal, to be replaced every three months in your fridge.
- Always flush the toilet. Wipe the toilet seat with a cloth sprayed with an all-purpose cleaner.
- Wipe fixtures with a cloth sprayed with cleaner. For stainless steel, use warm water and a few drops of dishwashing liquid, then buff with a clean cloth.
- Change the bedsheets regularly to ward off dust and dust mites. Vacuum the floor area around your bed.
This snippet originally appeared in the January-February 2010 issue of Real Living Magazine. Main photo by Coastal Living.
More on Realliving.com.ph