5 New Uses For Baking Soda Around The Home
Is there anything this wonder powder can't do?
Given its endless list of uses, baking soda may well be the most versatile product in the world. You can use it for cooking, cleaning, and even for beauty-related concerns. The best part—it's so affordable and free of chemicals. What's not to love about it?
To help you make the most of it, we've found five more ways for you to maximize this kitchen staple:
1. Remove oil stains from denim or any thick material. Just dab a little bit of baking soda on the stain, let it sit for 30 minutes and wash as you normally would.
2. Deep clean cooking tools. Mix 1 cup of hot water, 1/4 cup of bleach and 1/4 cup baking soda together in a bowl. Soak knives, whisks, spatulas or whatever needs cleaning in the solution for 15 minutes and wash as you normally would.
3. Remove coffee residue from insulated tumblers. Rinse out the glass, add 3 tablespoons of baking soda and one cup of hot water. Reattach the cap and shake well. Let it sit for 12 hours (Don't forget to shake it every now and then!) and wash as you normally would.
4. Keep flowers fresh longer. If you enjoy putting fresh blooms on display, make sure to add a little bit of baking soda to the water you put in the vase. This will make them last a few days longer than usual.
5. Keep your combs and brushes clean. Remove the build-up from your hair tools with this versatile must-have. Soak them in a small basin of warm water with one teaspoon of baking soda. Rinse and let dry.
Main photo by Amara.
More on Realliving.com.ph