5 Maintenance Tips To Make Your Bed Linen Last A Lifetime
These must-dos can help you keep your bed linens fresh, clean and organized
It's safe to say there's nothing better than sleeping on a bed that is covered in fresh sheets. Aside from changing your bedding regularly and having your mattress deep cleaned once a year, a comfortable sleeping space will only be possible if you take care of your linens properly! Here's how to do it:
1. Organize them by size in your linen closet.
Place the larger ones at the bottom, with the smaller ones on top. Store the linens you don't frequently use on the topmost shelf of your linen cabinet.
2. Place matching fitted sheets, flat sheets, and pillowcases together.
Insert your pillowcases in your neatly folded flat and fitted sheets. This way, you don't have to scour through your whole closet to look for the matching linens.
3. Clean your linens before keeping them.
Read the care instructions and follow them. Avoid excessive drying as it will make them more wrinkled.
4. Change your linens once a week, and rotate your linen usage so your sets wear evenly.
For linens you don't often use, re-fold them once in a while so the folds won't leave a mark on your linens.
DIY: Linen Spray
5. Hang a sachet of a fragrant herb in your linen cabinet to scent your linens.
Lavender is a good choice because it has a relaxing scent and it's a natural insect repellant.
This article originally appeared on the RL Notebook ("How To Store Linen") in the May 2010 issue of Real Living Magazine.
More on Realliving.com.ph