5 Household Uses For Silica Gel Packets
Those tiny things you see in boxes of shoes and new bags go a long way
Are you familiar with the gel packets that come with a brand new pair of shoes or inside a bag? For most of us, we just throw these sachets away. Little did we know, it has many uses around the home. From deodorizing worn shoes to keeping medication fresh, anywhere moisture is the probem—these tiny things are the answer. Check out how else you can maximize them below:
1. Keep vitamins and medications from moisture damage by placing one or two packets in your medicine cabinet. It's also good to keep those silica packs that come in the vitamin bottles. Be sure to save them once the vitamins are finished.
2. If smelly shoes are a challenge you face at the end of the day, a pack of silica gel inside each foot will help neutralize odor and get rid of excess moisture.
3. Keep fogging to a minimum on the bathroom mirror when taking a shower by setting a silica gel packet near it. It will save you the trouble of wiping down moisture after taking a bath.
4. Protect important documents and photos from discoloration or disintegrating over time with a silica gel pack inside the box or file cabinet. This is especially helpful if you have these hidden away in dark spaces.
5. Accidentally dropped your phone in a puddle or the sink? Help dry it out quickly by placing it in a Ziploc bag along with several gel packets. You can check back in a few hours if your phone works just fine.
More on Realliving.com.ph