Mary Ann Arañas-Espina is an Associate Professor III at the College of Architecture in University of the Philippines-Diliman, teaching both undergraduate and graduate courses in Architecture and Landscape Architecture.
She obtained her degree of B.S. Architecture at the University of San Carlos in Cebu City in 1976 and in the same year she passed the Licensure exams in Architecture, placing 10th among the topnotchers. She proceeded to study at the University of the Philippines and completed her second degree of Bachelor in Landscape Architecture in 1982. In 1985, after obtaining from the Specialty Board of Landscape Architecture Recognition and a License in Landscape Architecture, she proceeded to the USA and completed a Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture at the University of Massachusetts in May of 1987 where she presented as her Master’s Thesis the Comprehensive Master Campus Landscape Development Plan of the University of the Philippines, Diliman Campus.
In her private practice as a Landscape Architect with the family firm, ESPINA, PEREZ-ESPINA AND ASSOCIATES, Mary Ann had the pleasure of undertaking such notable projects as:
- THE RADIANCE MANILA BAY, Manila, of Robinsons Land Corporation
- SIGNA DESIGNER RESIDENCES, Makati, of Robinsons Land Corporation
- AYALA CENTER CEBU, Cebu City, of Ayala Malls
- SM GENSAN, General Santos City, of SM Malls
- FORUM ROBINSONS, Pioneer, Mandaluyong City, of Robinsons Malls
- ABRIO, Nuvali, Canlubang, Laguna, of Ayala Land Premier (ALP)
- POSITANO RESIDENCES, Ma-a, Davao City, of Communities Philippines, Inc.
- CHULA-VISTA, Cabantian, Davao City, of Hemeni Land. Inc.
- FOREST RIDGE, Antipolo City, and GREENWOODS, Cavite of North Pine Holdings
- LUXURVILLE RESIDENCES, Multinational Village, Paranaque City, of Luxor Properties, Inc.
- SUBIC HOLIDAY VILLAS, George Dewey Convention Center, Subic, Olongapo, Zambales of Starland Properties, Inc.
- LAKESHORE Residential Community, North Expressway, Mabalacat, Pampanga, of the CENTRAL COUNTRY ESTATE INC.
- The NEW MEDICAL CITY, a healing-landscape design, completely on-structure, Ortigas Avenue, Pasig City
- CELEBRITY PLACE, Capitol Hills, Quezon City, of One Asia Devt. Corp
- The BONIFACIO GLOBAL CITY STREETSCAPE Phase 1 PROJECT of the Fort Bonifacio Development Corporation in collaboration with HOK Asia/Pacific Ltd.
ESPINA, PEREZ-ESPINA & ASSOCIATES is a professional partnership composed offamily members with expertise in architecture, engineering, environmental planning,landscape architecture, and interior design. It started as a single proprietorship of twoprincipals, Cristobal B.C. Espina(+) and Filomena Perez-Espina(+) in 1946 and, sincethen, has developed into the partnership that it is today. Through the years, the firm hasestablished a practice primarily engaged with basic architectural services that reachbeyond Cebu to the neighboring islands of Visayas and to Mindanao. In the year 1980,the firm opened an office in Manila to service its clientele in the Luzon area.
Enjoying more than 65 years of professional practice, the firm, through its individualpartners, continues to offer its specialized capabilities and services, including the following: Project Management, Project Analysis Services, Design and Planning Services, Construction Services, and Supporting Design Services.