What Do You Give To The Host Of Your Party?
Ditch that bottle of wine! Here are more useful gift ideas.
So you’ve wrestled the arm of your dear friend into hosting a holiday dinner party for ten people. She will be exhausting her space and time fixing up her home, organizing the househelp, and possibly donating a special dish or two (or shouldering all the food!). Now don’t just waltz into the party bearing a bottle of wine (although that might be good after a long night), or with nothing at all!
According to etiquette maven Emily Post, dinner party guests should bring a hostess gift, unless they are close friends with the host and meet up frequently. Even a small, thoughtful gift like a potted plant, trinket, or food gift is much appreciated, and would be considered as a thank-you for her efforts in setting up the party. Here are some useful and beautiful hostess gift ideas:
1. The lovely robins'-egg-blue tint gives this coffee set a retro touch.
Ceramic French Press and Mug Set, P699.75, SM Home
2. Who wouldn’t be happy seeing these playful floral plates? For more about Heima’s collab, click here.
Happy Home Sugar Flowers Plate by Heima, P799.75 (part of an 8-pc set), SM Home
3. Wrap these delicate lilac glasses in white patterned tea towels and tie them up with a silk ribbon.
Josie Lilac Glassware, price upon request, Crate & Barrel
4. Printed poinsettia flowers make this the perfect Christmas party hostess gift.
Tray, P1,999.75 (part of a 3-pc set), Our Home, SM North EDSA
5. The fancy and whimsical handles make these wonderful additions to a formal dinner.
Gold Leaf Spoon and Fork Set, P1,700, Wildwood
6. Buy a set of five or six of these for everyday use.
Melamine Floral Tumbler, P49.75, SM Home
Read the original article ("Pretty Presents") in the November 2016 issue of Real Living Magazine. Download your digital copy of Real Living on the Real Living App. Log on to summitnewsstand.com.ph/real-living for more details.
More on Realliving.com.ph