WATCH: How To Make An Upcycled Key Holder
You can do it in six easy steps!
Aside from our phones and wallets, keys are some of the most important things we can't leave the home without. However, even if we use cute keychains, it is still inevitable that we misplace them. To help you create a special corner where you can keep and organize keys, here's an easy project you can do using spare planks of wood and cabinet knobs:
What you need:
- Assorted knobs and handles (P53.75 for the round pieces and P69.75 for the heart-shaped knob, available at Handyman)
- Wood plank shelf (P130, available at Handyman)
- Plain and printed washi tapes (P75-120 for the thin ones and P200 for the wide tapes, available at National Book Store)
- Drill and Phillips screwdriver
- Pencil and steel ruler
1. Prepare your materials. Bring out different kinds of washi tape to make it more playful. Make sure the wood is clean before you start your project.
2. Cover the wood with your chosen washi tapes. Don't be afraid to mix and match the tapes—experiment with different colors or use ones with interesting prints. Just make sure it will match the color of your wall.
3. Using a pencil and a steel ruler, mark the spots on the wood plank where you intend to place the knob or drawer handle.
4. Once you're set on the marks, use a drill to create the holes on the wood plank. If you're working on a table, be careful not to damage it. It might be best to do the drilling on the floor.
5. Use a screwdriver when installing the screws of the knobs. You can also use knobs in different styles and shapes. Attach and secure the knobs on the wood.
6. Hang your finished project by the front door. Have fun arranging and organizing your keys!
More on Realliving.com.ph